- Current-sensing jaw.
- Tactile barrier (to protect fingers from shocks).
- Hold button: Freezes the display reading. Reading is released when button is pushed a second time.
- Dial (aka rotary switch).
- Backlight button.
- Min Max button: On first push, display shows maximum input. On subsequent pushes, minimum and average inputs are shown. Works in current, voltage and frequency modes.
- Inrush current button.
- Zero button (yellow): Removes dc offset from dc current measurements. Also serves as dial’s shift button to select yellow functions scattered around the dial.
- Jaw release lever.
- Alignment marks: To meet accuracy specifications, a conductor must be aligned with these marks.
- Common input jack.
- Volts/ohm input jack.
- Input for flexible current probe